Monday, September 21, 2009

A Hero is born

At 5 AM in the morning, I suddenly started thinking of getting myself a new phone. I've been using HTC magic (a.k.a. G1), powered by android OS, for last 6 months. It's a pretty a good phone and I enjoyed using it, but now it's time to move on.

Thinking about possible choices, the obvious came to my mind, iPhone 3GS. I am a big time Apple fan and b/w Apple; I love the iPhone. iPhone has shaken the mobile industry, set a whole new standard, very similar to what Google first did with their search, then with GMail and now with Chrome. But the problem with getting an iPhone 3GS in India is it's hefty price tag, around Rs. 35000 for 8GB model. I seriously don't understand why Vodafone and Airtel can't follow AT&T's selling model and offer it for a lower price along with a contract and earn from data usage. Anyways let's leave it, this post is not about iPhone.

Since I am also an Android user and fan, I looked around for upcoming android devices. And then I came across HTC Hero. After watching some videos, I was stunned! I wasn't expecting such an awesome device based on Android OS. HTC has made Android so elegant, social and useful with all their customizations. They just nailed it! That's the power of Android and that's why mobile manufacturers are ditching Windows and Symbian and moving to Android. Now let me stop here and point you to this video which blew my mind.


There are so many goodies in this phone that instead of listing them here, I recommend watching all 4 videos on HTC Hero website and reading this in-depth review by TechCrunch.

HTC Hero is now available in India for Rs. 32000. So if you're planning to buy a mobile in that range, definitely consider buy HTC Hero.

2 comments:

Anshum Saxena said...

Nice post - but dont you think all the interfaces these days are heavily influenced by iphone. I mean right from usability to the way applications behave to the way you move between the applications --- almost same.....I am yet to see a phone that will challenge iphone by not being iphone

By the way I bought iphone on your reco - loving every second of it

Abhishek said...

Before you buy it on the basis of looks, do read Engadget's review (which claims the awesome looking OS runs on crappy hardware).

Post a Comment